At Advent, we celebrate one of the distinctive features of Christianity: God made flesh. Together with the Trinity, the Incarnation of Jesus Christ is an essential tenet of the Christian faith yet it is also mysterious and often draws questions. Who did Jesus claim to be? How could He be both divine and human?
To address these questions and strengthen Christians’ understanding of the Incarnation, I offer these 10 resources, including a web page, articles, and podcasts to get you started and books for those who want to go farther.
May a deeper appreciation for the miracle of Advent enhance your enjoyment of this festive season. Merry Christmas!
- “The Incarnation” (web page, includes videos and articles)
- “The Incarnation in Light of the Image of God” (article)
- “Guide to the Mystery of the Incarnation” (article)
- “Did Jesus Really Consider Himself to Be God?” (article)
- “Jesus: Man, Myth, or Madman?” (podcast)
- “Does Jesus’ Supernatural Conception Contradict His Dual Nature?” (podcast, start at 23:40)
- 7 Truths That Changed the World (book, particularly chapters 3–4) by Kenneth Samples
- Without a Doubt (book, particularly chapters 8–9) by Kenneth Samples
- The Logic of God Incarnate (book) by Thomas Morris
- The Person and Work of Christ (book) by Benjamin Warfield