The July 4th holiday always makes me reflect upon how much I have to be thankful for as an American citizen. In light of Independence Day, here’s my list of five great Americans who lived during my lifetime and inspired me.
- Dwight Eisenhower (1890–1969): Heroic American leader during World War II and the Cold War
- Mortimer Adler (1902–2001): Wise educator and advocate of great books
- Ronald Reagan (1911–2004): Inspirational American leader of the Cold War
- Billy Graham (1918–): America’s great evangelist and pastor
- Jackie Robinson (1919–1972): Baseball legend and civil rights leader
Of course there are so many others who should receive proper consideration. Who would make your list?